Wednesday 11 August 2010

A fine start

Alright, the first day of Ramadan has ended, It was a very fun day ( you'd be shocked considering I haven't eaten nor drunk something since dawn). Though you might think fasting is a daunting task, its not really that hard, In fact, fasting can be very healthy for you (the soul) and for your body, I've read something a recent article by Top Bahraini Nutritionist Alia Almoayed about Detoxification that occurs in the body during Fasting which is supposedly good for you, though it was all Greek to me so I didn't understand much, but I'll learn one step at a time :).
One thing I've got to 'type' here is that During Ramadan, its a time for spiritual enlightenment, Ask Allah for Forgiveness, for things that will help you in your life ( in my case, I just want good marks :), its a time to give up your worldly pleasures such as food and water and worship Allah, read the Holy Qur'an and Help the Poor , Because Ramadan is THE holiest month of the Islamic Calender and my favorite month ( EVER !!). For all those who are new to fasting in Ramadan, Don't worry, its very simple and you wouldn't even feel a tad bit hungry.

Have a Happy, Spiritual And Blessed Ramadan.

Ramadan Kareem

Why More Maps Should Be Upside Down

If you've utilised a map at any point in your life, whether it's Google Maps to find out which right turn you just missed on the hig...