Thursday 23 June 2011

Summer in Bahrain- Flowers in a Concrete Jungle

Previously, I've stated about how Summer was the ideal time for plants to grow. With its sunshine at its highest, we can expect many plants to grow and bloom their flowers off this summer.

It is quite a relief. For the regular Bahraini, a sight of green and pink are always welcome in contrast to the sands of Bahrain.Amidst the concrete jungle of Manama lies a blooming flower :)

Well, many blooming flowers actually.
I thought it was good practice to snap some shots of the plants that decided to lay their foundations in my garden .

And, even you have to admit it, these are some pretty flowers. But, any comments on my photography ?

Good ? Bad ? Give me cookies ? :P


Now, it would be a challenge for me to find out the names of these flowers, since I'm no botanist.

But I have to say, this is a refreshing change from the dust hazes!
 So people, what do you think of my shots ? I'm an amateur at this, I know, but practice makes perfect, right ?
No ? O,o

Ah well, a little green and pink always brighten up the Bahraini landscape.
So do Camels too! :)

And I'm off.

Why More Maps Should Be Upside Down

If you've utilised a map at any point in your life, whether it's Google Maps to find out which right turn you just missed on the hig...